At LERIGOLIGAN, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. To that end we want you to understand what sort of information we gather, how this information is used and protected, and how you can control its use. It is important for you to know that LERIGOLIGAN will never sell, trade or rent your personal information to others without your consent.
Please note that we may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”) LERIGOLIGAN (‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘LERIGOLIGAN’) are the data controller. References to “our website” or “the website” are to https://lerigoligan.co.uk.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or by writing to LERIGOLIGAN, Ardfern, Lochgilphead, PA31 8QN, Argyll & Bute, Scotland, United Kingdom.
- We may store questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact us.
- When you place a booking on “SUPERCONTROL”, we may ask for personal data such as your name, email, address, and other personal information you may provide with your account.
- We may collect personal data about you when you initiate a transaction with us, such as an appointment or purchase, in order to process the transaction.
- We may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of our website, such as geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit, number of page views and other indicators. This helps us to improve the website, although you can opt out with your browser.
- We may receive information about you from other sources, such as social media platforms, people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties.
- We will store your name and email address when you sign up to our mailing list.
This data can be viewed by authorised people on the LERIGOLIGAN team and our suppliers, to:
- Process enquiries and transactions
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it;
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example, our communications and use of third-party services, e.g. Eventbrite, Facebook, etc.;
- respond to any feedback you send us if you’ve asked us to; and
- contact users about our services.
We will not sell this information or give it away unless required by law.
What personal information may be collected from you?
In order for us to rent you our holiday property, we may collect and process personal data about you. We may also collect your personal data where you request information about our services, customer events, promotions and campaigns.
What is personal data?
Personal data is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Examples include an individual’s name, age, address, date of birth, gender and contact details. Personal data may contain information which is known as special categories of personal data. This may be information relating to and not limited to, an individual’s health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic and biometric data, or data relating to sexual orientation.
Where do you collect personal data?
You may provide us with personal data when contacting us via online contact forms and booking platform “SUPERCONTROL”, telephone, social media platforms, when writing to us directly or where we provide you with paper based forms for completion or we complete a form in conjunction with you.
Personal information collected
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- personal data such as an individual’s name, address, date of birth, gender, contact details
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- information we gather on social media (including, but not limited to, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter);
- feedback from you about our website and our products and services generally;
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
Information collected automatically
16 or Under
If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
How will we use information about you?
We may use your personal information to:
- administer our website and booking system “SUPERCONTROL” and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- improve our website and booking system “SUPERCONTROL” to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- provide you with information about LERIGOLIGAN offers and services that you request from us or which we believe may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes and if at any time you wish to opt out of such use then you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org;
- send statements and invoices to you;
- analyse your purchasing preferences in order to tailor our services;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our services;
Where do we store your personal data?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) as follows:
- to our email service provider, Mailchimp, which is in the USA. We do this to help us send out our email information to people who have consented to receive it.
The USA does not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. Whilst the European Commission has not given a formal decision that the USA provides an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the United Kingdom and EEA, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield certifications of Mailchimp and SUPERCONTROL.
MailChimp’s EU-US Privacy Shield certification is here – https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TO6hAAG&status=Active
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site: any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
How do we protect your personal information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We also use an SSL certificate to ensure that your privacy is protected while visiting our website. An SSL certificate (also known as HTTPS) is a layer of protection between our website and your browser. Short for Secure Sockets Layer, an SSL is used to encrypt potentially sensitive information like the input fields in a contact form.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will retain your data for as long as it is needed to respond to your enquiry. If you also consent to receiving marketing information from us we will keep your data for longer but you will always be provided with the opportunity to unsubscribe from correspondence, so that we can ensure the information we send to you is still relevant.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties beyond the LERIGOLIGAN network for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf
We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations (e.g. hosting website, web agency, etc.) for the purpose of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (e.g. to send you mailings or check web analytics). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have an agreement in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond the LERIGOLIGAN network for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
What are cookies and why do we use them?
What are your rights?
Individuals are provided with legal rights governing the use of their personal data. These grant individuals the right to understand what personal data relating to them is held, for what purpose, how it is collected and used, with whom it is shared, where it is located, to object to its processing, to have the data corrected if inaccurate, to take copies of the data and to place restrictions on its processing. Individuals can also request the deletion of their personal data.
These rights are known as Individual Rights under the Data Protection Act 2018. Individuals can exercise their Individual Rights at any time. As mandated by law we will not charge a fee to process these requests, however if your request is considered to be repetitive, wholly unfounded and/or excessive, we are entitled to charge a reasonable administration fee.
In exercising your Individual Rights, you should understand that in some situations we may be unable to fully meet your request, for example if you make a request for us to delete all your personal data, we may be required to retain some data for regulatory and other statutory purposes.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the form(s) we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using one of the following methods:
- by email at email@example.com
- by post to LERIGOLIGAN, Ardfern, Lochgilphead, PA31 8QN, Argyll & Bute, Scotland, United Kingdom.
You also have the right to complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO may be contacted via its website which is https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, by live chat or by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Third Party Websites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Additional services used by, but not controlled by LERIGOLIGAN